Thursday, May 23, 2013

Gotta Love Agility at Hamilton

This past weekend, we returned to the Hamilton Dog Training Club's AKC Agility Trial at the Game Time facility. I love this trial. I don't really know why, but I think it's because Dally usually does really well at the facility. Sure there are some negatives to it (it tends to get rather warm in there the later it gets, if it's tall to small the days are long for us), but it's in a nice area and the foot and equipment is wonderful.

Dally racked up another QQ on Saturday with two great runs. I was a little concerned with how she'd do, considering on Friday she started limping pretty badly on our walk. An emergency trip to visit Dr. Forry, her chiropractor, revealed it was more soft tissue than anything else--she was probably a little sore from the longer walks we went on the day before. So she was put on Traumeel (thank you Merinda and Melanie!), and she seemed to be fine the rest of the weekend!

Here's her Masters Standard run from Saturday--the speed demon! We ended up with 26 points on this run.


By the Jumpers, she was a little slower, but we still got 9 points:


On Sunday, she was moving and grooving so fast, I couldn't pull her off of an off-course tunnel. The chute was to the left of the tunnel, and they were supposed to go teeter, jump, turn left to chute. Well, she locked onto that tunnel and took it. (I made the mistake of calling "Tunnel" even though my body was turned towards the chute--my mind was reading that she was going to the tunnel and I was thinking "Not the tunnel!" So I said "Tunnel!" instead of "Chute!" Oops.) Oh well. The rest of the course was fast and she had fun. She made up for it with 6 points in Jumpers later that day.

Dally likes to remind me we can't be perfect all of the time, so I always have to thank her for keeping me grounded. I am loving running her right now--we're having a lot of fun and I don't feel stressed when we're running any more. That's the icing on the cake right there.

LaMesa has some good news to share from her time at Hamilton, but I'll save that for tomorrow's post. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment