Monday, August 26, 2013

Happy National Dog Day!!

So today is National Dog Day...but, in our house, everyday is a dog's day. Trust me...the Stump Kids run the house. They make sure I don't sleep in too late...that I get in my daily walks...and that I keep up on the housekeeping when LaMesa's decided she needs to drag out as many toys as possible.

How does your dog celebrate National Dog Day?



This might come as a surprise to you, but I wasn't much of a dog person at first. I grew up with dogs all my life--my parents bred, raised, and showed Golden Retrievers (amongst other breeds), even having the #1 dog in the nation for a couple of years. I never really had a dog of my own, though. I was more of the house and cat person in the family. That is, until I got to college and I met my friend Julie's Corgi, Riley (aka "The Ladies' Man"). Riley made me fall in love with Corgis, and that's when I decided I must have one for myself.

Now, I can't imagine myself without a dog. Dally and LaMesa have made my life whole (along with Matt, but c'mon now, we know it's all about the dogs...). Sure they can be pains in the butt, and some times it's hard to get much work done at home with their constant attention, but it can be the same with kids. Only these kids, I can throw them outside or lock them in a crate if they bother me too much! (haha)

So, here's the our dogs...and how they make our lives whole. It's Dog Day everyday!



No comments:

Post a Comment