Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Crossing Paws & Holding Hearts for the Pets of Oklahoma

Not many know that I used to live in Oklahoma City. After completing an internship in Texas, I moved to Oklahoma to work for the National Reining Horse Association. Dally was almost 2 at the time.

Every weekend we'd go over to Lake Hefner, which was just a couple miles from my apartment, and hang out. I wasn't happy in Oklahoma, but I still have many connections there. My thoughts are with the people of Central Oklahoma who are recovering from the tornados last night.

The Stump Kids are crossing their paws that the misplaced animals will find their owners once again, soon.

Dally after a swim in Lake Hefner.
Here is a video of one lucky pup that was reunited with his owner during a television interview (the embed option wasn't working): Oklahoma Tornado Survivor Finds Dog Buried Alive Under Rubble

And you can help out the Central Oklahoma Humane Society by checking out their website: OKHumane.org

(I'll be posting a wrap-up from this weekend's agility trial later, I just wanted to send a quick note.)

No comments:

Post a Comment