Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dally's New Duds

Two weeks ago, Dally debuted a new look at the Queen City Agility Trial.

You see, for the past 5 years, she's been rocking a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon collar that the Small Dog Posse got to support Merinda in her battle against the disease. To go along with that, she had a neon green and hot pink leash, given to me by Melanie and Marty, as her "agility trial attire." So, yes, for 5 years, she's been rocking that look--and it's done us well!

But after earning her PACH, and a second trip to Nationals, I felt like it was time to spice things up a bit and get something new. For months I've been on the lookout for a hot pink, zebra print collar. Dally has a zebra print soft-sided crate for trials, and the print just suits her. And hot pink is her collar--she's a diva.

I finally found the perfect collar on Amazon, thanks to Bella Mode. At first I ordered one in a 1-inch width, but I quickly discovered that was too wide for her neck. The folks at Bella Mode were quick about getting back to me and made a new, custom-made 5/8" collar and sent it to me in time for our trial!

So then, of course, you have to have a new leash to match the new collar, right? Luckily my friend Hillarey, with her company All Leashed Up, was at the trial and was able to make me a custom leash, just like the one she made LaMesa for her collar. Merinda helped me come up with the perfect combination of hot pink, black, and a splash of neon green (to make it bright and to go along with LaMesa's colors). Sunday morning, it was ready!

So, what do you think?

The new look paid off with a QQ on Sunday! (She's gotta have her favorite squeakie tennie in her pic!)

Friends are amazed at how I don't have tons of leashes and tons of collars for the two girls--I like to be minimal with things. Plus, I tend to be a little superstitious--if it's working, why change?

How do you outfit your agility pups?

2 comments:

  1. Since Jimmy's registered name is Fine Creek's Sharp Dressed Man as a nod to his tuxedo coat....he stays with a classic black collar and leash :-)

    ReplyDelete