Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Cookies for the Pups

I love baking cookies for my pups and for my friends' pups. I thought I'd share a recipe you might want to try.



Chicken ‘N Oats Cookies
2 Cups + 1/2 Cup rolled oats
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 Cup low sodium chicken broth (can use beef broth)
1 Tablespoon parsley
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups rolled oats with salt, broth, egg, and parsley. Once combined, add the 1/2 cup leftover oats.
  3. After laying out wax paper, pour out the batter and knead by hand for 3 minutes to firm up the dough. Let the dough stand for 3 more minutes.
  4. Roll the dough to about a 1/2 inch thickness and use cookie cutters to cut into the dough.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes, with the option of flipping the cookies over for 4 additional minutes for extra crispness.
  6. Store in airtight container.
(**Parsley helps freshen dogs' breath!)

No comments:

Post a Comment